I just wanted to share a little of what I’ve started this week. I had a pattern and fabric picked out, the fabric was from stash, a pretty peachy pink satin and it was just the right length, so I started to cut it out, and then it all went so wrong. The fabric was the right length, but not the right width, so there wasn’t enough. Quite heartbreaking.
However, another rummage through my stash turned up this silver-grey georgette, and there was heaps of it. So I started again, and have been progressing really well. It’s been pleated.
I’ve already finished the smocking, here is the back view, I interfaced the smocking before pleating, and then removed the extra from the bottom after finishing, so that it looks really neat.
And this is the best placket I’ve ever done – no pleat at all! I always seem to have trouble with them.
So, I’ve been seeing the back bodice linings by hand, in bed.
I’ll be finished this one very soon, I have a few pretties to add to it first.
Thanks for reading!