This week I’m going to share with you a new outfit that I made for Jonathan.
The patterns for this outfit are from the most recent edition of Ottobre Magazine (1/2015 – 9 & 10). As soon as I saw this, I knew that I had to make it for my Jonathan, and that I needed to do it quickly because he is right at the top of the largest size that this outfit is done in.
The hoodie has crododile style trim on the hood and sleeves.
These are a bit of fun!
I did all the top stitching (and just about all the seam stitching too) with red thread, to contrast with the blue and green fabric that I used to construct the garment.
I had to fake a twin needle hem, because my good machine is still being fixed, but I think I did an okay job at it.
I managed to get really neat seams with the ribbed binding around the hood.
The magazine shows this made up with crocodile print fabric, which I don’t have and haven’t found, but I did find some crocodile print poplin, so I bought a small piece and used cut outs on the body and sleeves of the shirt. I stitched around them, and then cut close to the stitching leaving just a little bit, that will fray over time as its washed.
We love these pants.
They have the same green that I used for the crocodile trim as binding around the pockets.
The pockets look a bit fancy, but were actually really easy to put together.
I used an old dress of mine to make these pants, and I managed to reuse the original hem!
These pants fit Jonathan really well, with just the right amount of room for growing. And since he’s already asked – I think I’ll be making some more of these.
This is his idea of modelling.
Because what he really wanted to do was just play with his trains!
Thanks for reading.