I made this dress for Mathilda nearly 3 years ago, and she’s finally grown into it. I’m not sure how it ended up so big, but that’s what happened.
I used pattern number 11 from Ottobre Design 1/2007 – polka-dot knit dress. The dress overall was just oversized! And even though it’s a pretty good fit now, the envelope neckline was still too wide and would just slip off Mathilda’s shoulders, so I added black snaps where the back and front overlap.
This was the first time that I used a twin needle! It made a very neat hem on this dress.
This dress was made when I had only just started sewing with knits, so I’m still quite pleased with how it turned out. And because it had never been worn before it was perfect for today when Mathilda has her first day of Prep Orientation.
She specifically requested that I do her hair in two ponytails today.
And the dress passed the twirl test.
Thanks for looking.