Here is another quick catch-up from my Christmas sewing. I made a heap of these bookmarks to give out instead of cards this year. They are simply two pieces of fabric stitched together with some interfacing in between for structure and a small piece of folded ribbon inserted at the top.
The front has a machine embroidered angel blowing a trumpet. I did the first one in different colours, but it was taking me longer to change threads than what it took for the machine to do the actual design, so all the rest were done it plain white.
For the back, I used a fabric that I think looks a bit like stained glass windows, which I felt coordinated well with the theme. I clipped around all the edges, after they were sewn, with pinking shears to finish them.
This was the last project that I did before my machine seized up! Its at the shop being fixed at the moment. I’ve been using an older machine ever since. I hope to have that back soon and get back into doing some more embroidery!
Thanks for reading.