I took some time out from a special project (more to come of that later), to make a little something for myself.
I used pattern 2, view B from Ottobre Woman 2/2013. I had just enough of this fabric to make it. I bought this fabric as a remnant piece, it is so soft.
Instead of pleating the trim, I used the ruffler attachment for my machine (I’ve got my good machine back from being serviced – yay!).
I left the edges of the ruffle unfinished. Its a knit, so they won’t fray, over time they’ll get a softer, worn in look.
I had a bit of trouble with the neckline, I didn’t have enough of the self-fabric to bind it, so I tried to use a navy blue that I have. But, it went all wonky and stretched the already large neckline out too much, so to rescue it I cut the binding off, overlocked the edge and folded that under, and stitched it all the way around with shirring elastic on the inside. I had to do a double row to stop it from turning out.
It gave it a slightly peasant blouse look, but that’s okay, it works in alright with the ruffle.
Thanks for reading!