I’ve been quite busy making a few different things. Today I’m going to share an outfit that I have made for my Jonathan.
I’ll start with this t-shirt. I used pattern 32 from Ottobre Design 6/2014. I measured Jonathan at 105cm tall, so I made it in the size 110 and it fits him so perfectly. I love it – the shoulder width is just right, the sleeve and body length is spot on. But I think that if I make it again, I’ll go for the next size up to give some growing room.
I used the same stripey fabric that I used for this short sleeved t-shirt here, this is Jonathan’s favourite. And I’m getting better at ribbed necklines.
I used some teal from stash for the front lower panel and some terrible green for the diamond appliqué that I’ve used a bit in the past for various things (I think I got it out of the bargain bin at Spotlight, its not very stretchy and a bit thin), however, I think that a different colour would have been better – a colour that is not already on the stripe, so a yellow or black, because the green doesn’t really stand out as much as I’d like.
But he likes it well enough.
I made these pants using the small remaining offset from the Ciel Phantomhive outfit. Again, I made these using an Ottobre pattern from the 6/2014 issue, number 30. And again, in the size 110 they are a perfect fit, and he really loves these, so I probably will be making them again, but in the next size up.
I didn’t get any full length pictures of the pants by themselves, but they have pockets with a decorative button feature – on the pattern they were actual buttons with button holes, but I feel that my 4 year old is not really ready for the frustration of having his pockets blocked by buttons, so I just sewed them on as an embellishment, they are not functional. He loves them and for the next pants he’s requested “apple” buttons, Fortunately, I do actually have some of those.
The back has two pocket flaps, but no pockets, again they are decorative only. They were also meant to have buttons on them, but when I made the pants I thought it would be a little overdone on such a small boy, but I think it would have looked okay and I might add them in on any future creation. I hate that my top stitching doesn’t align in the middle – next time I’m going to do that after I’ve joined them together!
The flaps are lined with the same crocodile print that I used here, I tried to make a single crocodile as the feature, which I did, and then I accidentally put it in so that when you lift the flap, he’s upside down!
And I did it twice!
But I did get the waistband facing the right way up!
Most importantly though, the outfit passed the playground test. Jonathan was able to climb…
…ponder new heights…
…avoid looking at the camera…
…and occasionally pose, whilst being still, long enough for me to get a decent shot of the outfit in action!
Thanks for reading!